There’s a lot going on in Barrie, Collingwood and the Village at Blue Mountain this January. Here’s a list of some of them:
January 7th and 8th, 2012
Barrie’s 3rd Annual Woman’s Show
Now in its third year, the Woman’s Show that is dedicated to everything for women ranging from health and wellness, to beauty, cosmetics and food. It features over 60 exhibitors, guest speakers, stage seminars. The show is free and enter to WIN some fantastic prizes!
It’s being held at the Bradford Greenhouses Garden Gallery, Hwy 90 at Hwy 27, Barrie on Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm
- Nanny Robina (The Mom Show, CityLine, Breakfast TV, and Breakthrough) will be hosting two open session Question and Answer periods with the audience.
- (TBD) Randy Feltis, owner and chef of 2 of Barrie’s hot restaurants PIE, and Oscars, will be hosting a cooking demonstration on “What’s for dinner TONIGHT!”
- Stephanie Joanne, Personal Trainer to the Pussycat Dolls, Degrassi actors and CityLine’s Tracy Moore will be hosting seminars on personal health and fitness
- Frankie Flowers, TV personality will be on stage at the end of the day on Sunday to announce the winners of the grand prizes.
For more info call call 705.725.9913 or visit GreenhausProductions.com
January 7th, 2012
Taoist Tai Chi Open House
The Collingwood Branch of the Taoist Tai Chi Society will hold an open-house from 10am until noon on the 7th at the Taoist Tai Chi Centre at 58 George Street in Collingwood.
For more information call 705.444.0194 or visit their website.
January 9th, 2012
Collingwood and District Historical Society Meeting
David Brunelle, Project Director of the South Georgian Bay War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee will tell the “What, Why, When and Where” of the celebrations commemorating the 200th Anniversary of the War of 1812-14.
It takes place at the Leisure Time Club, 100 Minnesota St., beginning at 7 pm
For more information visit: Collingwood.ca
January 1 to February 29th, 2012
Skating, Snowshoeing Horse & Wagon Rides
There’s plenty of things to do for families at Blue Mountain, including
- Enjoying the area’s largest free outdoor skating rink on Mill Pond with about 4 acres (1.6 hectares) of skating room.
- Or meet at Windy O’Neills Irish Pub every Saturday and Sunday from 1-4pm for a free Horse & Wagon ride through the Village.
- Grab your snowshoes and meet outside Columbia Sports Store every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:30am for a free guided snowshoe walk
Events are, of course, weather permitting and there are rentals available.
January 21st, 2012
Billabong Flaunt It
Happening a Blue Mountain Resort, Billabong FLAUNT IT all-girls snowboard slopestyle series returns in January. The top female riders in the province will compete for a $2,000 prize purse and tons of product from Billabong, Von Zipper, Contour, TWSnow and Snowboard Canada Magazine.
More information at: BillabongFlauntIt.com
January 22nd, 2012
Salomon Don’t Get Lost Snowshoe Raid
The same weekend, is a team-based snowshoe race combined with navigation by map and compass. Competitors will travel on and offtrail to checkpoints located throughout The Blue Mountains stunning forests and parklands.
… and that’s a few things to keep you busy this January.
If you have an event you’d like mentioned, send us the details to: email@example.com